MATTEHATTER ❝ blog · fashion · lifestyle ❞  | ·   home  ·   follow  ·   about  ·   contact   ·

SEARCH


FOLLOW ME

MATTEHATTER
Someone suggested that I should start a personal style blog. And I thought to myself, "Why not?" It could be really fun. Or not. Anyhoo, this is my little hole-in-the-wall of vintage finds, style obsessions and the sort. Let's not take things too seriously around here, shall we?


INSTAGRAM
Follow my instagram @ mattehatter

ARCHIVES




Go Bolo Not Yolo
POSTED ON : Wednesday 15 May 2013
So if you guys haven't already noticed, I love turning to accessories to jazz up an otherwise plain boring outfit (I'd like to think so). I believe more and more guys are doing just that nowadays but there are very limited options. On my quest to explore new accessories that we boys can play around with, I finally found one that's not too loud yet emanates its own flavor of uniqueness. Enter the bolo tie.









The bolo tie has origins in the American West - yea these folks are too darn rugged for neckties, bowties or cravats. I love how it has a certain rustic charm that's not too overpowering at the same time. It really is a simple accessory that brings the whole look together when worn right, don't you think?

One of the reasons why I am so intrigued by the bolo tie is the room for creativity they offer as an embellishment. Just look at the different variations of pulling it off.. Pair it with a suit for a classy look with an old Western twist or pull the clasp lower down the chest for a casual laid-back vibe. Just hanging it around your neck regardless of what you wear already makes it more town-appropriate. I kid. 

That said, these aren't very commonly seen around in Singapore yet. The only one I managed to find is this Texan bull's design that I'm wearing below. Reckon it will go well with denim. I know there isn't much to see from this picture but I promise you this ain't the last you see of me with a bolo tie. BOLO~





Labels: , , , , , , ,


← Newer Post
Older Post →